Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nashville

Last Saturday, I said goodbye to beautiful Madison and set out for the great wide unknown. Tim Johnson (my new/old subaru legacy) made the trip beautifully! I met up with a friend from Samaritan's Purse in New Johnsonville, TN before making my way into Nashville itself. We had some good gab time, went to church and then to a bbq place before I left. Then I met up with Janna, an IV staff that I met through the last intern to come to 2100.

So, I decided to stay at 2100 an extra month than I had originally planned. This meant that I stayed after the summer interns left, which was sad, but I also got to meet the fall intern that came in September. It so happens that he graduated from Vanderbilt, which is in Nashville!! So again, the Lord provided in a way I hadn't foreseen and answered my prayers for housing!

I'm living in west Nashville now, until I can find a job or freelance regularly enough to support myself.

So far things look pretty good on the freelance side of things, I'm learning a lot about the city and growing to love it the more I see of it! There is a lot of need and a lot of christian complacency here. Nashville has the most churches per capita than any other city in the nation. It's an interesting dynamic with all the refugees, poor, and prostitution that is present here. More on that later.

All of my work from my internship is up on my website now, so take a peek if you've got the notion!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We're in the same state again! (Albeit three hours away...) I have heard that Memphis has the most churches per capita, though. A quick Google search does nothing to clarify, unfortunately. Still, I'm glad you have made it to the South, and I can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete