Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ANTM

There's a girl on America's Next Top Model this season who is a Christian. She got into the semifinals and told the judges straight up during her one-on-one interview that she was a "street preacher," and gave an example of one of her "sermons." It was awesome. She says her purpose in being a model is a mission to the lost within the fashion industry. I was kinda skeptical after the first half-episode, but I've come to the conclusion that this chick is awesome. They discovered that there was one less bed than there were girls in the house, so she gave hers up to the girl that hadn't gotten one, and when everyone said she was "so nice" she insisted that Jesus deserved all the glory.

That might not seem like a big deal, but watch a season or two of ANTM and then tell me that isn't strange.

I'm SUPER excited that a Christian like London is doing so well in a setting like that. It's also rather convicting for myself, as I tend to use the setting of the art world as an excuse to slack off in telling others about my faith. It sucks, but it's true. It's no secret that most artists tend to be extremely liberal, and very anti-God. However, this is not only true in a lot of other fields, but it is also not an excuse to clam up about how wonderful Jesus is!

London is still in the running, she's in the top 7 out of 13. I don't think it matters if she wins, but it's just really encouraging that she's so out there with her faith, and attracting people to Jesus just because of her openness about who He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment